I have lived the single/dating scene for quite a few years now. My views toward relationships and my future hopes to service abroad for a year or so after graduation has lead to a series of relationship look-a-likes over the past 3-4 years (they seem like I am in a committed relationship, but alas they never are and sometimes this is even unbeknownst to me). I am forever searching for someone to draw me in close while I simultaneously push away at each possibility.
The title of this blog is inspired by an R.W. Emerson quote I once read, "Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air."
I like to think that by my choosing to abstain from "putting myself out there" for the dating world I am living up to Emerson's words by building and working on myself, and enjoying the lifestyle of independence. I also sometimes think that I have cursed myself to subconsciously sabotage my chances for love for what I believe, for the moment, is a greater good in my young, naive world.
I made this a separate blog from my Shaping Motivation one because I often like to type out my laments of being a single female who feels hopeless at succeeding in converting from the single lifestyle to a happy (real) relationship. Then other times I feel 100% confident that is has been one of the best things for me. Every now and then a guy comes along, my heart jumps and once again I am fighting the urge. Whatever the case is, I don't want my other blog to be filled with nonsensical heart laments of no importance.
Blogging is addicting.
No comments:
Post a Comment