Friday, January 28, 2011

Can't a girl just get a little bit of cuddling?

It may be a little early to be lamenting but I woke up this morning at 6:10 AM to the very sweet janitor vacuuming the 3rd floor of the library where I had pushed three chairs together to create a bed last night. I started off with my Organic Chem book open to make it seem like I had fallen asleep while being studious, but in actuality I was just free loading and too lazy to go back to my apartment just for the act of falling asleep, waking up, and coming right back. At some point in the night I gave up on the facade of dedicated student, ditched the book, and curled up in a little ball. It was much better.

It really was not that uncomfortable. Except for the whole waking up at 6:10 thing and my belly keeps reminding me that all I truly ate yesterday was some cajun trail mix dumped in a bag of organic spinach leftover from a Plant Physiology lab.

Ah the life of a college student.

So, yeah, while I was "studying OChem" with my eyes shut a realization came to me; Here I am free loading in the library when I could be free loading off of someone else. Someone else who would take me in and snuggle with me, make a simple breakfast, and drive me/ walk with me to campus in the morning. I don't like depending on someone to "take care of me" but man sometimes it is nice to have that to fall back on without having the assumption that I may be imposing on what otherwise would be someone else's much cozier lifestyle.

This person of desired cuddling affection currently does not exist (obviously), and I have discovered that I'm more cautious on who I allow myself to cuddle with. Platonic snuggling has almost all but become extinct from my life with the exception of a few circumstances. So if you see it as an equation:

AMOUNT OF SNUGGLING= PLATONIC (P) + AFFECTIONATE (A) squared, where P and A =0.

(Affectionate snuggling has an exponential amount more value than platonic cuddling does.)

Although I was committed to sleeping in the library I probably would have changed my mind before the question was over if someone had offered a bed and warm night of cuddling.

This is a prime example of why I separated this blog from the other. Seriously...I made up an equation for snuggling quantities.

No comments:

Post a Comment