Friday, April 15, 2011

Lightbulb turned on

So I feel that this blog has now become completely arbitrary. I began it as a way to bleed out all of the complaints of living single and to be bitter toward the dooming choices I had made. I thought that I was cut off from a romantic lifestyle, one that would actually lead to a meaningful friendship and relationship with a guy. I had thrown myself into an endless portal of beginning and abrupt ends. Life to me wasn't about being with someone else; in a lot of ways it still isn't about that. Life is about shaping yourself as a person that you can be proud of; something that I strongly feel you need to be single and individualistic for a while to discover. A person that loves, one that grows, one that seeks knowledge and wisdom, etc. From my experiences over the past 4 years all I knew another person with a huge role in my life would do is try to convince me to reconsider me dreams or deter my passions. Not saying every guy I dated did this, but several men in my life had. And so it twer that I began this blog to keep me in check. But soon after I created this I hopped onto a path that I had not been down in a long, long time. I was not sure at first if I wanted to be on that road, and in the back of my mind I just assumed it was going to be like all of the other experiences. But he has proved to be far from the other ones. The overshadow of his graduation creeped beneath every conversation. Distance is not a new thing for me, and so I expected that as soon as it was addressed we would make the decision to, "Yeah, let's keep in touch," but that would be as far as it would go. With everything else about this one, that's not how our conversation went at all. I see a difference in this guy so vivid and so clear that I feel like a fool for convincing myself that in other guys. Respect and appreciation comes easy toward him. I don't have to constantly remind myself to be open, or to relax because it just comes natural. Happiness with him comes naturally and carries over into other areas of my life. It is new for me, to allow someone to be this much a part of my life, but it hasn't been a difficult transition in one bit. And so, for the first time in years, I have a boyfriend. This blog just took a whole new turn.

2 comments:

  1. ok I am about to cry I am so happy for you! I love Daniel to death and want the world for you both (this makes the millionth time that I've told you this, whatever) I loooove you! Congrats! PS I want to be the flower girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, you are my no. 1 creeper fo'eva! I love you :) And...I think it's a bit early to be claiming roles. A "bit early" means that you will probably have a daughter that could be my flower girl. You can walk with her.

    ReplyDelete